Friday, March 4, 2022

Announcement: Big News About Poptropica's Newest Adventure!

Great news, Poptropicans! Today’s the daaaay!

The Team is thrilled to finally share some newly declassified info with you! We’re giving everyone a small sneak peek into one of the top secret projects happening around Pop HQ! Heads up – if you aren’t already, you might want to sit down for this.

To preface, the Team has been working nonstop to bring you more mind-blowing, fun experiences. In fact, a first-of-its-kind project is in development as we speak! Now that the brand new adventure is nearing its launch, the secret’s out! Drum roll, please… 🥁🥁🥁

Poptropica is releasing a Roblox game! 🎉

Yep, you heard it here first. Poptropica is expanding into the Roblox world! Can you believe it?! After the initial surprise wears off, you might be asking yourself, “What does that mean? Is it an island? A quest?”

To answer your questions, nope! We don’t want to give too much away about the surprise, but the upcoming launch is neither of those things. Instead, the Roblox game is based on a fan-favorite island that you all know and love! Can you guess which it could be?

In the coming weeks, there will be much more to share with you about the new adventure. In the meantime, here’s the very first preview into Poptropica’s Roblox debut!

The first sneak peek into Poptropica's new Roblox experience

How awesome does that look? We hope you’re just as excited as we are! It’s been torture keeping the secret to ourselves! More info is coming soon – stay tuned for more news about the big reveal!

We’ll let you think about this cliff hanger over the weekend. What do you think about the Roblox announcement? Do you play Roblox? What island’s story do you hope to see in the new experience? Share your first impressions and reactions below! 👇

Blue FireMarch 4, 2022 pm31 8:18 pm

IT'S STINKIN MONSTER CARNIVAL I KNOW IT ANYWHERE!!!

Silver GhostMarch 5, 2022 am31 9:43 am

Of course

Purple StarMarch 5, 2022 am31 3:12 am

I luv Roblox it is soooooo fun but I luv poptropica as much.

Young LeopardMarch 5, 2022 am31 8:19 am

I CAN"T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okMarch 5, 2022 am31 10:08 am

what

Maroon foxMarch 5, 2022 am31 10:38 am

IM HYPED! THATS EITHER MONSTER CARNIVAL OR FAIRYTALE! TYSM pop team!

Little BirdMarch 5, 2022 pm31 3:40 pm

Yes, it is monster carnival definitely!
I don't play Roblox though, so I get to sit and wait for more actual Poptropica islands to be recreated from their flash versions.
Yaaaaay...

Blue LizardMarch 5, 2022 pm31 6:36 pm

The duo we never knew we needed! When will it be out?

shifty PawMarch 5, 2022 pm31 8:37 pm

If this roblox thing shows up on poptropica, I think I might quit poptropica once and for all.
Because seriously, are you trying to make us angry? You're spending all your resources with another company! You're spending all your resources on mini quests and really short islands that aren't fun anymore!
Poptropica used to be so nostalgic and now, I feel like just quiting the game.
What happened to the old islands? do you people care or are you just ignoring us and completely neglecting the old islands?
Sorry poptropica, but I wanted to tell you what I feel.

anonMarch 6, 2022 pm31 4:32 pm

Dude, how hard is it to be positive about this? They're WORKING on the old islands, rome wasn't built in a day.

Seriously Busy WalkerMarch 6, 2022 pm31 4:38 pm

Hi! I'm Busy Walker and I would like to thank you for finally saying it. People have said things along these lines before but never word it too well. (This one A++) I am a guest blogger and would like to say that this topic would be an interesting blog post...

anonymousMarch 8, 2022 pm31 4:54 pm

Anon:
Sure, Rome wasn't built in a day, but the whole reason it eventually was built is because people actually cared to work on it. The creators obviously don't care about working on the old islands because they're too obsessed with making other stuff for some reason. At one point, you have to face reality
Busy Walker:
Thank you so much, writing a guest post about our problems with what the creators are doing will definitely bring awareness to how insane they're acting.
Shifty Paw:
Thank you! I was afraid for a second there that you actually believed they were trying hard on old islands. I'm glad you're back on our side. And you're absolutely right! It just seems that the creators really don't care about how upset we're getting. This is insane. The word "creator" literally means to build or bring into existence, and that's why the Poptropica Creators aren't really Poptropica Creators. They're creators of some unfamiliar cheesy modern game. They're the destroyers of Poptropica. Somebody's got to do something.

Lucky StarMarch 9, 2022 pm31 1:45 pm

I really want to play the old islands. I am a member, so I got to play Old Poptropica. If the Creator could bring the old islands back for over 4 months, why not bring them back altogether. I didn't get to play the Original Pop world. I was too young. But if they brought the old islands back, I would play Poptropica WAAAAAAY more often. POPTROPICA CREATORS, BRING THEM BACK!!!!

anonymousMarch 5, 2022 pm31 9:40 pm

You know, it just makes you think about how good Poptropica would be right now if the creators actually considered what WE want instead of what they just assume people will like

Lucky StarMarch 9, 2022 pm31 1:46 pm

AGREED.

JoeMarch 5, 2022 pm31 11:07 pm

LETSSS GOOOOOOO

paolaMarch 6, 2022 am31 2:26 am

Omg I'm actually really excited for this I remember growing up playing Poptropica in the school computer lab back in elementary and now I'm in highschool. I can't wait to see Poptropica expand onto Roblox!

Curious RiderMarch 6, 2022 am31 5:43 am

I'm genuinely hoping that the devs remake and release the older islands because this is . . . well it's nonsense. I understand that it takes resources and time to remake older content, especially the original Poptropica islands but c'mon now! We don't even have access to all of the episodic islands because they're locked behind memberships and even then they aren't entirely worth the trouble of playing because of the lack of the complete experience.

I get that it's more or less a "new era" for this game but surely there's got to be some bridge to help retain the interest and commitment of the players who've been around since the early days of Poptropica while attracting newer folks. Quite frankly this ain't it.

timaaplaysMarch 6, 2022 am31 6:13 am

I played Poptropica as a child, now that i'm older and I have a little bit of an audience in the Roblox world i'm so excited to share this piece of my childhood with them! I'm looking forward to hearing about the development of the Roblox game :)

Wild DragonMarch 6, 2022 am31 10:52 am

The newest island that I thought was decent was Zomberry Hero, but then they replaced it with Red October, but then I realized it was a game on Coolmathgames.com converted to Ruffle, so maybe coolmathgames will convert other islands to Ruffle, maybe the whole game. But, the games file is heavy, no offense, so it will take a lot of money to convert to ruffle? Pop creators, get a quote on ruffle.rs!

Wild DragonMarch 6, 2022 am31 10:54 am

I don't play roblox though, my mom won't let me download games on her computer cuz they're to heavy and her computer is for work.

AndrewMarch 6, 2022 am31 10:59 am

I used to play poptropica when i was 5, but it is still in my heart. Can't wait for Roblox Game.

ZomMarch 6, 2022 pm31 12:52 pm

amazing

MakaylaMarch 6, 2022 pm31 1:17 pm

i can't wait try it on roblox!

Blue WolfMarch 6, 2022 pm31 1:57 pm

why?
why, poptropica?
you could have spent your time bringing back old islands.
but instead, you make a roblox game.
i don't get it.

pegs...March 6, 2022 pm31 3:50 pm

...okay, why? why???

oh and btw I'm gonna release taor 4 this month... after my exams are done.

Maroon Seal March 6, 2022 pm31 5:07 pm

I’m so excited!! This is gonna be great.

MillyMarch 6, 2022 pm31 5:13 pm

From the photo, It looks like a very calming environment, and I like that

Incredible FlameMarch 9, 2022 pm31 7:28 pm

I am rather disappointed in Poptropica with this move. Though the Monster Carnival scene looks promising, why waste your resources on a completely different platform when you can just bring Monster Carnival back onto Pop Original? We have been waiting for Monster Carnival Island for YEARS, and this is what we get instead??? I get it that you are trying to revive Poptropica's popularity through a more popular platform, but it's not what the FANS want. If you just focused on Pop itself, maybe your popularity might revive. I mean, Poptropica's popularity has been dwindling since 2016, ever since you stopped working on islands and focused on Pop Worlds instead. But what happened to THAT? Worlds died after two years, and your popularity dropped even more. I try to stay optimistic, but I have a feeling that "Roblox Poptropica" is just going to be Pop Worlds 2.0. I used to support you guys, but now this is just BS. I thought you "creators" were making a comeback when you released Goofball Island, but I guess I was wrong.