Friday, January 21, 2022

WITNESS GREATNESS: Take a peek at all of January's costume designs! 👀

What’s crack-a-lackin’, Poptropicans? Happy Friday, we made it through another week! 🎉

As you know, January’s costume contest ended earlier this week. This month’s submissions have been wonderful and impossibly imaginative – it’s a real treat. Thank you to everyone who participated! The Team absolutely loves seeing your awesome creativity in action!

Right now, the Team is deliberating and casting their votes to determine this month’s winner. In the meantime, let's take a look at the entire roundup of January’s costume designs! You need to see all of the incredible talent your fellow Poptropicans have to offer! 🤩

As always, these decisions are super tough. We wish we could turn every single one of your designs into in-game costumes! Unfortunately, that’s not the case.

It’s important to note: don’t be discouraged if your costume isn’t chosen this month! We highly encourage you to continue sending in your original designs! They don’t have to be completely new outfit ideas either. You’re more than welcome to enter your favorite designs that you’ve already submitted in past contests!

Thank you for sharing all your hard work with the Pop community! Good luck, everyone! Stay tuned for January’s design reveal (coming soon!) and the start of next month’s costume contest. The Baron’s Airship will be back in town at the beginning of February, carrying exclusive treasures and the free, winning costume! Don’t miss out on the Baron’s limited time bounty!

Golden HorseJanuary 21, 2022 pm31 2:18 pm

Soooooooooooooooo many of them are inspired by movies! It's crazy!

Pink CrushJanuary 21, 2022 pm31 4:13 pm

Hi, um I sent in 2 designs for the costume contest, but I didn't see them in the video. I don't know if they got in because I was having bit of difficulty submitting them. My username is Golden Puppy3

January 21, 2022 pm31 4:32 pm

Hey Pink Crush, I'm so sorry about that! There were a handful of submissions without any images attached. If you could resubmit them one at a time, they'll be included in next month's video!

Pink CrushJanuary 21, 2022 pm31 5:26 pm

Ok, thank you!

Dangerous ShadowJanuary 22, 2022 pm31 7:55 pm

The same thing happened to me... I don't understand, I send in the submission with a picture... Could someone maybe tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Friendly RockJanuary 22, 2022 am31 9:54 am

4 of those were SERIOUSLY COPYRIGHTED one was ghost spider (marvel character) another one was Norwegian princess (ANNA FROM FROZEN) another was snow queen (ELSA FROM FROZEN)
and one was a girl with only blue and red pigtails and the shirt said daddy's little monster (HARRLY QUINN FRO THE LEGO MOVIE 2) (WHICH I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THATS WHAT HARRLY
LOOKS LIKE I THE LEGO MOVIE 2 BY THE WAY) so some of these people seriously copyrighted stuff

YOU CAN'T COPY DC AND DISNEY CHARACTERS ON TO OTHER COMPANYS LIKE POPTROPICA

Shifty PawJanuary 23, 2022 pm31 11:27 pm

Could we also have some news on the old islands? Pls
And also are you guys going to stop animations on the old islands coming back, because it would be a shame if they came back and they had animations.
I just feel like poptropica is for four year olds now because of the sparkly animations and how easy everything is.
But I know you guys are working hard in bringing back what we love, the hard islands and original features.
Speaking of original features, can we have the old friends page back with friends at the top and medallions, photos, costumes and mood in boxes below?
The old backpack was cool, wasn't it? Could we have the backpack back again with the floating cards?
There was also cool common room features that allowed players to play games, not just sky dive star link etc, but other games like hoops and soupwords, and you could choose to battle, friend or chat with others.
And last but not least, THE OLD STORE! I used to love going to the store seeing the poptropicans display the costumes at the bottom while the cards at the top would be for pranks, handheld items and more including mini quests. That's right, miniquests! For all the new players, you used to be able to buy mini quests from the store and play them, including Don't Be An Energy Hog, and Haunted House!
Poptropica was so awesome, and it will be again if we are patient with the creators because they are working really hard. Thankyou poptropica!