Tuesday, October 19, 2021

IT'S HEREEE! Set sail on a striking adventure with the Baron's Crusade! 🗺🏴‍☠️

Yo ho, Poptropicans! 📣

All aboard the Airship! Hope you have your sea legs on, because The Baron’s Crusade side quest is available now to ALL players🎉

The Baron's Crusade

The Baron’s sounding off the last call for deckhands. The sky pirate and her loyal sidekick, Ack, are bound for a treasure-ous adventure – come along! Join the Airship’s crew and head towards unmapped territory. Visit Home Island to speak with the Baron to get started!

After you've completed the new side quest, share your reactions and first impressions in the comments below! Bon voyage, mates. Enjoy the crusade! 🛠🚢

🎃 HALLOWEEN COUNTDOWN: 12 DAYS 🎃

Bone WhackerOctober 19, 2021 pm31 4:07 pm

That minigame was so smooth to play! Nice art too! The arrows don't do anything when my character stands completely still though. Good job overall!

Wild FireOctober 19, 2021 pm31 4:13 pm

It was fun and confusing to be in the cabin

anonymousOctober 19, 2021 pm31 4:22 pm

When can we make it clear to you that we want islands, not miniquests!!!!???

AnonymousOctober 19, 2021 pm31 6:15 pm

they did say goofball island and mission atlantis are coming... you have to be patient.

ShabzOctober 19, 2021 pm31 8:21 pm

I know right... Skullduggery, Ghost Story, Vampires Curse, Super Spy, Super Hero, Zomberry, SOS, Mystery Train, Wild Wild West! BRING THEM BACK FOR ALL PLAYERS PLEASEEE OMGZZZZ

anonymousOctober 19, 2021 pm31 9:53 pm

*takes deep breath, tries not to scream at you*
Okay, maybe I should have been more specific. First of all, you're right, Mission Atlantis is coming, but it's hard to believe a lot of work is going into that when they're making mini-quests. I'd deeply appreciate it if they'd focus all their resources on islands. For another, you may be newer to Poptropica and don't understand, or perhaps you just don't remember, but we've been waiting and giving them second chances and being patient for years and years. Is it so wrong to get restless after all that time? I just can't tolerate it much longer. I'm sorry if you can't understand how hard it is to be patient with the creators nowadays and how it's never worth the wait, but I hope you at least try to understand why it's kind of unfair for you to tell me to be patient when that's what I've been hearing for years.

White RiderOctober 20, 2021 pm31 12:12 pm

Dude, stop it. You need to learn p-a-t-i-e-n-c-e. Literally stop, calm down, take a deep breath. Mission Atlantis is coming back, we have new material, which is better than none; they're making it happen.

Golden CrownOctober 20, 2021 pm31 1:27 pm

Hey, anonymous, if you're so mad at Poptropica, (and I mean this in the NICEST, NICEST WAY POSSIBLE) why don't you just leave? I mean, obviously, you've got to be somewhat tolerant of this if you keep coming back.

slushyOctober 19, 2021 pm31 5:46 pm

this is my favorite mini quest! is baron working with rumple?

Happy BubblesOctober 20, 2021 pm31 9:22 pm

I mean, on the bottom of her airship, you could see a statue of Rumple with all of her treasures she has. She might have stole it from him, she might have not...

slushy October 21, 2021 pm31 9:51 pm

i know! its kinda far fetched but maybe shes the queen?

Poptropica PlayerOctober 19, 2021 pm31 6:47 pm

Here's an honest review of this mini-quest:
When you first find the Baron and she asks you to find her quarters, that part's pretty fun. I always wondered why the trapdoor was always there, so nice explanation.
Inside, I really liked it. Similar to Amelia's mini-quest, we got to click on random objects and learn more about the Baron. Also similarly, it shows curious pictures that make us wonder, and has a restricted area that intrigues us, however, in this quest it's a golden bathtub, and we still aren't allowed inside after we win. Hm.
The quest itself was quite exciting! Getting to explore an uncharted island, bash skeletons, and receive treasure was a pretty solid adventure. Moving around to switch the levers gave me flashbacks to Super Power island when we're in the sewer. Not a very pleasant memory, but at least there's some old stuff squeezed in there!
On the negative side, MORE QUESTIONS. Come on, we've done 2 other big mini-quests in the last month or so, and both revealed mysteries. Sure, that's exciting, but you creators should really make a mini-quest with answers before you start creating more questions.
All in all, I'll rate this island and 6/10. Loving the theme, but this was supposed to be the year of stories. Not much storytelling when you start a story but don't finish it. Pretty disappointed there.

Poptropica FanOctober 19, 2021 pm31 7:56 pm

Um I whacked all the skeletons in the side quest and got some money and an outfit and then I was sent back home to the Barons ship. I talked to her and stuff and clicked everything but nothing happened. I don't know if this is the end. Can someone confirm?

I'm not a member so I haven't even played Rumpels side quest so I don't know if the Baron is even working with Rumpel like Slushy said... ugh Poptropica make it for ALL players please!

anonymixOctober 20, 2021 pm31 5:14 pm

Yes, that's the end of it. Once you gain the credits and/or prize, the mini-quest is over. Nice job :)

Poptropica FanOctober 20, 2021 pm31 6:51 pm

Thank you SOOO much anonymix for confirming! You are amazing! 😊😊😊

anonymixOctober 21, 2021 pm31 1:46 pm

aww thanks :>

Shy ScorpionOctober 19, 2021 pm31 9:27 pm

Very nice for a mini-quest, good job! I wonder if Amelia used to be part of Barons crew...

Maroon SealOctober 19, 2021 pm31 10:20 pm

YAAYYY!!!!

MordredapologistOctober 20, 2021 am31 11:23 am

As someone who has been very saddened by the current lack of islands and a bit disappointed in the recent additions, I absolutely loved this mini quest and it made me very hopeful for the future of poptropica!
I think the baron seems like a great character, I love her design and the look of her cabin. My favorite island has always been vampires curse for the aesthetic, and this island definitely felt very reminiscent of that at times, so it was a nice substitute while waiting for my favorite spooky islands to get back up. The stuff with her and Amelia also seems like their adding new lore to poptropica, which is always nice, and reminds me of the Zeus stuff from the old islands.
The art in this was also gorgeous, though that’s a standard for poptropica. The barons ship had a ton of great details, and the animation for the skeletons was beautiful! I also found the skeleton mini game pretty challenging, which was nice since it seems like current poptropica has been getting a lot easier. Definitely wouldn’t mind seeing something like this expanded into a full island (thought I do miss the old ones dearly and hope they’re added back soon so I can play them along the great new ones like this!)

Sleepy StarfishOctober 20, 2021 pm31 12:15 pm

The mini game was fun! Spoiler: I loved the part where you smash the skeletons. Did the baron rob a bank!?

Golden CrownOctober 20, 2021 pm31 1:29 pm

I love this mini-quest! Still, in the Baron's ship, I was saddened by the picture of Amelia and The Baron. They used to be friends!

White RiderOctober 20, 2021 pm31 2:16 pm

Same. What happened between those two? Apparently, Amelia's done something the Baron can't forgive... The picture is shattered, mostly the area where Amelia is... :/

If I learn more Poptropica, I'll write a fanfic :) It sounds like interesting stuff and not to brag, but all my friends say I'm a pretty good writer.

sleepybikerOctober 20, 2021 pm31 2:05 pm

I hope Captain Crawfish is ok... Also I can't wait to learn more about Amelia and Baron's backstory! :D Great job

Chilly ShadowOctober 20, 2021 pm31 2:17 pm

Can I just say...the scar cross you get as a reward is awesome. My look is now complete

Happy LizardOctober 20, 2021 pm31 2:56 pm

I whacked all the skeletons.

Squeezy SliceOctober 20, 2021 pm31 3:33 pm

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTT AMELIA AND THE BARON WERE FREINDS HOLY POP AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

(ear deafening exsistenal crisis noises)

MillyOctober 20, 2021 pm31 5:45 pm

The Baron's expression and the shading make it look like she's this close to snapping and chucking a wrench into your plane propeller. lol

Strange BeeOctober 20, 2021 pm31 11:06 pm

This mini quest really showed off the friends to enemies to lovers dynamic between Amelia and Baron- I mean wow the new mini quest was actually a lot of fun!! (: