Friday, February 26, 2021

New Experiences Coming Soon!

Hello fellow adventurers!

There's a bunch of new stuff on the way including a revamped Home Island! Here is a couple of sneak peek shots!

This is in beta testing now and will be available for everyone soon! We're also launching a new and improved menu system too!

White foxFebruary 26, 2021 pm28 12:05 pm

Man my feelings are so mixed. This is cool and awesome because... Well, I sit around Home Island looking for anything new like every day so this new stuff is awesome, but I am also really nostalgic about this kinda stuff. I will miss the old Home island, but there was always new things for Home Island drawn out in my mind, so a new version also makes me excited. If only there was a word that meant I was both excited and nervous...

Ah, yes. I feel anxious.

AlderFebruary 26, 2021 pm28 1:05 pm

I'd have to agree with you on this one, it's like a feeling of unstable ground that might give-way at any moment

Red DragonFebruary 26, 2021 pm28 5:07 pm

Same, I really miss the old days where there was no home island and the menu was a lot different. Idk why it's just nostalgia.

Mad PawFebruary 28, 2021 am28 9:40 am

You are pure

AnonymousMarch 6, 2021 am31 10:12 am

Really? This is not what I had in mind at all for a new Home. I was excited too, but now that i see this version i am extremely disappointed...

AnonymousMarch 6, 2021 pm31 12:01 pm

I agree. I feel like a home island is a nice touch, but it's more than it needs to be. I'd actually rather have customizer and the pre-haxe look to friends list (including seeing their closet!) back. I also miss how the menu button looked, everything was nicely layed out and easy to access.

UnknownMarch 7, 2021 pm31 3:43 pm

hi white fox pls friend me my username is chloe9080

White foxMarch 9, 2021 am31 8:43 am

Okay! And yes, the new home island kind of disappoints me too, but at least the creators are adding new things too!

Magic CoyoteFebruary 26, 2021 pm28 12:58 pm

Nice! looks like its gonna be good

Sporty EelFebruary 26, 2021 pm28 1:02 pm

Guys... this three millionth Home Island revamp... could y'all please let that one go and work on the real islands???

ShyIceFebruary 26, 2021 pm28 2:28 pm

1. Just please be patient! It'll take months for them to adapt the islands on Haxe Platforms!
2. Whaddya mean 3 millionth time home revamp?! I thought home island got revamped 3 times! (Including now!)

Curious RiderFebruary 27, 2021 pm28 1:58 pm

They're always working on redoing the classic islands.

Mad PawMarch 1, 2021 am31 8:18 am

oh, be quiet.

AnonymousMarch 1, 2021 pm31 5:32 pm

YES I KNOW RIGHT?

White foxMarch 5, 2021 pm31 4:20 pm

It kinda feels like 3 million times

Poptropica playerMarch 10, 2021 pm31 2:35 pm

Mad Paw, who were you talking to? I mean, I am just confused. Were you talking to Shyice, Sporty Eel or Curious Rider?

Red DragonMarch 10, 2021 pm31 5:40 pm

I'm kinda sad on how everyone is acting on this. It takes very long and so much money to convert islands. They are just trying to keep us entertained. AND YES THEY HAVE SEEN YOUR MILLIONS OF COMMENTS BEGGING FOR THE ISLANDS.

Big SnowballFebruary 26, 2021 pm28 1:07 pm

WOWWWWW.... I can't believe this. Like White Fox, I just sit around Home Island, changing my looks. I know that sounds boring, and it is, so I'm really excited. As a 10 years old, I need EXCITMENT, and this sounds like it could make me satisfied. Thx Poptropica!!! But one suggestion, bring back the old islands, or at least make some new ones!! Username's seabird2 in case you wanna friend me.

friendly rockMarch 10, 2021 pm31 3:49 pm

I know wow it been like forever since I played night watch and red dragon those are my favorite

Red DragonMarch 10, 2021 pm31 5:38 pm

They are bringing the old ones back and they are making new ones.

nickFebruary 26, 2021 pm28 1:39 pm

I like how colorful and full the new design is! The old one felt kinda lifeless. How are we supposed to change our pets' colors or change our skin color now though? Also, the new menu feels really corporate. That crate was a classic!

White foxMarch 5, 2021 pm31 4:23 pm

Personally, I don't really like this version, but whatever. There used to be a power in the store the was a portable colorizer, like the one in the New You shop but like in your inventory

Red DragonFebruary 26, 2021 pm28 5:08 pm

Looks awesome, can't wait!

bookbirdFebruary 26, 2021 pm28 5:08 pm

i love home island the way it is. can you guys please do some actual work? like bringing realms back? realms is my biggest worry so far.

White foxMarch 5, 2021 pm31 4:28 pm

I also love home the way it is. I was excited about a new home island, because I literally had a design drawn out in my head of a new home island. I wanted things like restaurants, museums, jobs, more buildings, et cetera. With this way, with less buildings and EVERYTHING being in your menu, I don't really like it. Although, they are doing "actual work" as well. Designing the dream island, making lots more Haxe-friendly changes, and much more, so they are doing a ton of work as well. I also miss realms, but I highly doubt they are bringing it back.

AnonymousMarch 6, 2021 am31 11:58 am

I feel. I think there's some cool things happening in Poptropica, but I also feel like they're stalling out on the release of islands, bringing back realms, customizer, original islands, etc.

White foxMarch 10, 2021 pm31 2:37 pm

I miss Realms, but sadly, I highly doubt it will be brought back.

Red DragonMarch 10, 2021 pm31 5:37 pm

I don't think they are stalling it at all. I think it's just that it takes a long time to do so they are trying to keep us entertained with others things.

AnonymousFebruary 26, 2021 pm28 8:18 pm

Ok cool but waht about bringing back the original islands from pre haxe.

White foxMarch 5, 2021 pm31 4:28 pm

You mean flash? They are currently working on bringing islands back.

AnonymousFebruary 26, 2021 pm28 8:18 pm

I like it from what I can see, and hopefully the new and improved menu system means BRINGING BACK CUSTOMIZER, but I agree with Sporty Eel, you've changed Home Island a billion times (even from when we didn't have one!), wish you'd stop doing all this stuff while we wait, and actually just work on getting new/the original islands back for game play.

AnonymousFebruary 27, 2021 pm28 3:54 pm

Cool but we really just want all of our islands back!

fahyFebruary 28, 2021 am28 12:47 am

I have no idea what made me come back to the game, but I love it so much. Please try to update some of the older maps to fit the new system, I need that nostalgia BAD.

Mad PawFebruary 28, 2021 am28 9:41 am

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

AnonymousFebruary 28, 2021 pm28 3:21 pm

cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

UnknownMarch 2, 2021 pm31 12:03 pm

it already happened on my brothers computer,but it wont update on my computer...

AnonymousMarch 8, 2021 pm31 3:20 pm

I just checked Poptropica today, and the new home island is ready! It's really cool.

Red DragonMarch 10, 2021 pm31 5:45 pm

I honestly don't know why everyone doesn't like this new look. I mean sure you could want different things added but the devs are at least doing something and not just abandoning Poptropica till they release the old islands. I personally love the new look. I like how people walk around and new new look of the clubhouse. I don't really like the placement of the blimp though because no one can see it.

AlderMarch 12, 2021 pm31 12:40 pm

I just realized you guys replaced the backpack menu with a simplified menu button? You can't just do that! There was charm in clicking on your backpack and having all the options spill out! Now you've replaced it with a lifeless three line menu button, don't suck the charm out of poptropica just for a modern design. Reject modernity, return to pop