Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Open Call: Guest Writers for Poptropica! ✏️

Do you love all things Poptropica?

Are you an encyclopedia of Poptropica knowledge?

Do you love telling everyone you know about all the new stuff happening in Poptropica?

If so, you may make a great guest writer here on the Official Poptropica Blog! ✏️

We know a lot of you love to write, create fun images, and share your love of Poptropica with the world so we're having an open call for Poptropica guest writers!

If you're interested in being a guest writer for Poptropica (and are over 13 years old), submit a quick answer on why you think you'd be a great contributor to the blog and what you would like to write about! Be sure to include your or your parent's email address so we can contact you!

MiltonJanuary 13, 2021 pm31 2:21 pm

huh

Joey NigroJanuary 13, 2021 pm31 3:29 pm

I'm an encyclopedia for Poptropica knowledge, I love all things Poptropica, and I love telling everyone you know about all the new stuff happening in Poptropica

UnknownJanuary 13, 2021 pm31 4:48 pm

3 years to young

AnonymousJanuary 13, 2021 pm31 5:07 pm

ooh!

White foxJanuary 14, 2021 am31 8:54 am

Awww! I am only ten! That is really disappointing. But, if you read the blog comments and are 13 or up, please tell us something about the poptropica airlines

Invisible RingJanuary 14, 2021 pm31 12:10 pm

I will do what I can, White Fox.

White foxJanuary 14, 2021 pm31 1:59 pm

thx. You over thirteen?

UnknownJanuary 14, 2021 pm31 9:06 pm

If i am chosen, i'll try my best, White Fox!

UnknownJanuary 14, 2021 am31 8:54 am

I hope I get chosen!

White foxJanuary 14, 2021 am31 9:00 am

I was soooo excited when I heard this. Problem: I am only ten years old. Just so you know, some people say I am more mature than my age...
Sigh. I hope that sounded convincing.

White foxJanuary 14, 2021 am31 9:45 am

I am not protesting the idea that you are making an age restriction. I'll admit, that sounds reasonable. But it just drives me nuts when people who don't even know me are just like: "Oh, she's only ten so she can't participate because she is not mature!" It drives me crazy!!!! I would restrict anyone under the age of eight. This makes me very sad. I do love all things about poptropica! I am an encyclopedia of poptropica knowledge! Whichever poor schmuck gets stuck in a room with me gets to listen to me go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on(insert 500 more "and ons" here) about poptropica! I just don't think it's right that someone who knows so much about poptropica isn't eligible simply because they are three years under the required age. I am a multi-tasker, and I can juggle lot of responsibilities with my schoolwork. What's one more thing? I know I've only been on poptropica since 2019, but I do a ton of research ad learn something new about poptropica's past and future. I check the blog every single day, and I've always wanted to write it someday! Please, would you just give me a chance to prove myself?

AnonymousJanuary 16, 2021 pm31 1:04 pm

It's not that if you are mature enough or not, it's just that a lot of laws contradict anyone from under 13 years of age doing things involving giving information.

AnonymousJanuary 16, 2021 pm31 9:10 pm

Well it's not about whether or not you are mature or not, it's just that there are laws restricting anyone under 13 years of age giving out information. I don't really know a lot about it but that is why.

AnonymousJanuary 18, 2021 pm31 10:16 pm

I agree with you. As someone who has played since Poptropica started, I feel like someone's devotion to Poptropica should not be determined by their age or the amount of years that they played. I think that someone who has done the research like you should be able to have the chance to be a guest writer. I think that you would probably be perfect for it in fact.

AnonymousJanuary 21, 2021 pm31 1:43 pm

this comment is 100% confirmation to the devs why they should not allow anyone under 13 to guest write

UnknownJanuary 14, 2021 pm31 12:28 pm

I'm only 10 tho that's disapponting I love POPTROPICA!!!!!
There's this poptropica event that i think you should do for all fox lovers.You should make a special event that includes a fox outfit(a fox headband with ears a orange shirt with a white circle on it and a tail.there should be a white one for it to.a fox follower and a fox stuffed animal PLEASE IT WOULD BE MY GREATEST WISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousJanuary 14, 2021 pm31 12:42 pm

can there be an opening for island desiners #�������������������������������������� imaginashin

UnknownJanuary 15, 2021 am31 8:47 am

ohh yeah thats a great idea i love designing can u do one????!!

White foxJanuary 14, 2021 pm31 1:37 pm

This really isn't fair. Someone could be responsible and know a lot about Poptropica without being thirteen or over! Denying someone just because they are too young (and people below thirteen can still be responsible and mature, like me) isn't fair. Instead, you should have people fill out a test to see if they are eligible. Someone's age has nothing to do with how mature they can be!!! Please change this

ShyIceJanuary 14, 2021 pm31 3:36 pm

Being responsible is tough, especially at a young age like 10. Ya sure you're brave enough fer' that?

UnknownJanuary 14, 2021 pm31 9:11 pm

Well you also have to think about labor laws. depending who you ask this could technically be considered an internship, and thus if you're under 13 (depending on the place) you may be breaking some labor laws. You may be mature, sure, but you need to take the law in effect.

UnknownJanuary 15, 2021 am31 8:44 am

I agree with everything u said White Fox

UnknownJanuary 15, 2021 am31 8:44 am

Everyone says i am very mature for my age

MaxTheGuyJanuary 18, 2021 am31 12:36 am

Sorry bro, there's an employment law that forbids people above 13+ to get an online job. If the poptropica team violates it they can be in some serious trouble with lawsuits. By the way, since you're still in school this isn't really for you since you're school work is going to get harder from here onwards. Plus, don't mention your age on the internet...

MiltonJanuary 19, 2021 am31 12:00 am

people under 13 cannot consent to something like this

White foxJanuary 19, 2021 pm31 2:42 pm

You see? People are judging someone's ability just because of their age. Again, it has nothing to do with their maturity.

LADYBUG/GLITTERACEJanuary 21, 2021 pm31 12:44 pm

Well @ 13 your a teen and we often play a lot of video games.

White foxJanuary 21, 2021 pm31 5:09 pm

Dude, it isn't breaking the laws of labor. It's a fun opportunity for volunteers.

AnonymousJanuary 22, 2021 pm31 3:54 pm

White fox, there are a lot of things the creators have to think about before putting an age requirement. Just because you are mature doesn't mean any age can be it. There are laws and restrictions that fall under this so they have to make it 13 and up.

UnknownJanuary 14, 2021 pm31 7:19 pm

why is everyone here 10

AnonymousJanuary 20, 2021 pm31 1:16 pm

Lol ikr

Shy popper ( now silver rapter )January 14, 2021 pm31 9:35 pm

That is not fair,people under 13 have some good ideas too. so unfair. I think a lot of people agree. A lot of people know a lot. My sister (White Fox) goes to all the old posts she know it all but she is 10.I also know a lot to like her and a lot of people also do. WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE 13 AND OLDER!!! Please fix this. Thank you.

AnonymousJanuary 20, 2021 pm31 11:51 pm

why do I get a feeling that you're commenting on this post with alt accounts?

leosturino444January 15, 2021 am31 1:44 am

Hi, I am an 18-year-old, long-lasting fan of Poptropica! I would love to be a part of something to do with my favorite childhood website, and I feel like I could contribute some fun articles about some of my favorite islands, as well as featured costumes and other special events! It would be an amazing opportunity to receive.

leosturino444January 15, 2021 am31 2:03 am

Hello! My name is Leo and I am an 18-year-old Poptropica fan! Poptropica has been my favorite game to play online since I was very small. I even went to this blog to check out any updates on the transferring of islands! Stumbling upon this post, I couldn't help but reach out to be a blog writer for you guys! Poptropica is near and dear to my heart and it would honestly be an honor if this actually happened. I would LOVE to write about new and old islands, even my own personal favorites from the past (love you, shark tooth!) I also wouldn't mind writing about any new costumes, or pets that follow, I adore the baby penguin. Anyways, if the offer is still open, I would love to be a part of Poptropica.

UnknownJanuary 15, 2021 pm31 10:18 pm

Hey all of my islands are missing! Is this the same for other people

AnonymousJanuary 22, 2021 pm31 4:03 pm

Yes since the flash has ended they are busy converting all the islands over.

AxrnavKrumarJanuary 16, 2021 am31 12:41 am

This isn't fair pls let me prove myself!

AnonymousJanuary 18, 2021 am31 1:13 am

I'm looking at these comments and a lot of u people are ten while I'm like 18 and still checking up on the game from time to time to see if there is new islands. Love to see it's still as popular as it was when I was playing it 7-8 years ago

leosturino444January 18, 2021 am31 2:15 am

is there a possibility i could get involved in this? i adore poptropica and have been a long time fan! i would love to write about oldie but goldie islands (shark tooth <3) or even the costumes!

AnonymousJanuary 18, 2021 pm31 7:40 pm

Ive been on since 2014 or 2015

UnknownJanuary 20, 2021 am31 9:07 am

same

White foxJanuary 19, 2021 pm31 12:58 pm

This is a list of my top 10 islands I would LOVE on Haxe from Early Poptropica and from Flash, in no particular order. PLEASE consider this list.

EARLY POPTROPICA

5. Mocktropica
6. Reality TV wild safari/original
7. Mystery of the map
8. Poptropolis Games
9. Monster Carnival
10. Virus Hunter
Also PLEASE add Poptropica Airlines it was one of the few things I was excited for in Haxe and now we aren't hearing anything about it. That is disappointing for me.

CuddlyRockJanuary 19, 2021 pm31 3:30 pm

I LOVE this idea. Looking at the comments, I might be a bit overqualified being 19 hah. But Poptropica has played a huge part in my childhood and I would love to take part in the silly stories and adventures. I’m always open to pitching ideas and giving feedback. It would be an honor

Red WolfJanuary 19, 2021 pm31 4:15 pm

Ding dang it I’m only 9

AnonymousJanuary 19, 2021 pm31 6:56 pm

Could there be some spirit animals costumes and powers in the store?

AnonymousJanuary 19, 2021 pm31 8:09 pm

This is awesome! But when can we get Early Poptropica/other original islands available to everyone (including non-members) and when can we get the customizing tool back?

Joey NigroJanuary 19, 2021 pm31 8:10 pm

I'm an adult, which is older than 13.

MiltonJanuary 20, 2021 pm31 7:55 pm

feed us more island results

AnonymousJanuary 21, 2021 am31 12:05 am

Could there be some spirit animals costumes in the store like the greencloak outfit?

AnonymousJanuary 21, 2021 pm31 12:50 pm

Regardless of "maturity", 10 is incredibly young. The Poptropica team probably feels nervous even asking for people 13 and older, not 18 and older. Additionally, throwing a 10-year-old tantrum on a blog really isn't going to get you a spot on the team, even if they were considering it before...

Poptropica playerJanuary 24, 2021 am31 11:16 am

Yes, the creators probably won't change their minds, but anonymous, there is a difference between a protest and a tantrum. When we heard about restriction to early islands, people protested, but they had a good reason. That isn't a tantrum, so please learn to tell the difference because there is a huge one.

leosturino@gmail.comJanuary 22, 2021 am31 5:59 am

hi! ive been a huge fan of poptropica since its release (im about to be 19), and to be a guest writer for you guys would be a dream come true! i know almost every island like the back of my hand, and i could write some great tips on how to get around on them! also, i could write some great posts on fan favorites or even costumes and pets! poptropica is like a second home to me.

AnonymousJanuary 22, 2021 pm31 1:49 pm

so...I'm obsessed with poptropica but...I don't like the new updates at all. I get that people are working hard on make poptropica better for people, but I feel like you should've kept the og poptropica as the og poptropica.

AnonymousJanuary 22, 2021 pm31 4:23 pm

I feel that too. But I understand that they have to keep up with the expanding internet, so that means there are going to be big changes.