Monday, October 19, 2020

What's Your Scariest Memory in Poptropica?

We want to hear your favorite scary stories from Poptropica and know what your favorite scary moment in Poptropica was! Let us know in the comments below!

GokuGirl/MaroonSealOctober 19, 2020 pm31 8:11 pm

Dude the Chupacabra video from Cryptids Island was terrifying to me as a kid.

poptropica name (silver)October 20, 2020 am31 11:55 am

old islands and please bring them back

AlderOctober 20, 2020 pm31 12:17 pm

Haha, back when I was younger and ran straight downstairs screaming from the new jersey devil scare xD Jersey Devil for sure, although as I kid I never really played any of the spooky sounding islands, and I can't now because they're locked behind a paywall. So there very well may be spookier encounters I'm unaware of

White foxOctober 20, 2020 pm31 12:37 pm

Not sure specifically, I have a couple. The jersey devil poking it's head through the window creeped me out, and on ghost story in the mansion where the "woman in the window" lives, I swear the dolls move. When I got to the top and looked in her bedroom, the doll on the beds' eyes were closed. I went down to the telescope, and when I came back, they were open. Talk about creepy! No offense poptropica creators, but monster carnival was kind of a disappointment after early poptropica's spooky islands, but I am a member so I can revisit and experience the creepy islands! So really, there is a lot of creepy things on poptropica, so I cannot exactly pick one, but there are a lot of options I have, so now you know the ones I appreciate most. Hope you make some more scary ones on Haxe!

PS, Don't add any more with dolls on them. That literally scarred me for life:)

poptropica name (silver)October 20, 2020 pm31 3:11 pm

wish they came back it will be so fun

Invisible RingOctober 20, 2020 pm31 3:16 pm

There's a lot of scary stuff on poptropica. Pelican Rock and Survival were thrill rushes to me when I beat em for the first time. In the old common rooms, one of the chat questions were what the scariest island was and players answered zomberry and vampires curse, and I agree with Maroon seal, there were scary stuff on that island too, for me it was particularly the hunt of the Jersey Devil in the dead of the night.
But the scariest island for me is STEAMWORKS. It's a different kind of scary than the other islands I mentioned; a kind of scariness that chills my spine EACH TIME, and not just the first time. Nevertheless, I liked all of these islands because to me, they were ways to test your courage and develop those nerves of steel.

AnonymousOctober 21, 2020 am31 1:15 am

Monster Island. I wanted to scream & try forgetting about it.

AnonymousOctober 21, 2020 am31 8:00 am

When Fiona said "Are you looking for someone?" That was spooky.

AnonymousOctober 27, 2020 pm31 1:54 pm

Right I didn't realize actual audio would play on Ghost Story Island.

White foxDecember 14, 2020 pm31 12:46 pm

yeah I literally jumped out of my seat because it was super surprising to hear someone actually talking to me, especially since early poptropica doesn't have much audio

Neat PeanutOctober 21, 2020 am31 9:04 am

The Jersey Devil in Cryptids Island gave me nightmares.

White foxOctober 23, 2020 am31 10:51 am

Please add more scary and spooky islands to Haxe

AnonymousOctober 24, 2020 am31 4:12 am

The jersey Devil in Cyrtids Island was the scariest moment for me.

Bony BonesOctober 24, 2020 pm31 1:33 pm

The Jersey Devil appearing in the window was definitely the scariest for me. Also, being chased by the shark in Mission: Atlantis was very thrilling.

AnonymousOctober 28, 2020 pm31 5:38 pm

This was very recently today in fact when i was playing zomberry island when the zombies jumped out of the window and doors. I ALMOST HAD A HEART ATTACK! :D

caoimhinmanglitz@gmail.comNovember 2, 2020 am30 11:01 am

Probably on realms I saw the ghost of a creature that I zapped in the previous real life day.

caoimhinmanglitz@gmail.comNovember 4, 2020 am30 11:22 am

it was terrifying

caoimhinmanglitz@gmail.comNovember 4, 2020 am30 11:22 am

#scary

UnknownNovember 3, 2020 pm30 4:12 pm

Seeing the Jersey devil appear out of nowhere on Cryptids island and being surprised by Fiona's voice in Ghost Story island.

UnknownNovember 5, 2020 am30 9:55 am

I started playing this game since before Skullduggery came out, so when it first came out, I was always afraid of going around and getting attacked in the boat. I had to have my older brother help me! But also definitely cryptids with Fiona's voice and the Jersey Devil in the window!

UnknownNovember 5, 2020 pm30 3:49 pm

back in the day when poptropica had no sound and fiona spoke i will never forget how much it terrified me, it was amazing

GailNovember 21, 2020 pm30 9:52 pm

The jersey devil in the window, Fiona's outloud voice saying, "Are you looking for someone, the shark in mission atlantis episode 2, and in monster carnaval the monster in the haunted lab when i was trying to get the black lightbulb in the box on the top shelf on the top floor.

Red DragonMarch 10, 2021 pm31 6:19 pm

Wow I'm extremely late I didn't see this post but my scariest moments were: Ghost Story Island: Everything about it was scary, especially when Fiona speaks. Cryptids: The monsters were all scary especialy when that jersey devil popped out of nowhere, and when searching the water for Nessie and that giant head also just pops in. The Mission Atlantis shark attack also kinda scared me. In Monster Carnival exploring the haunted house was scary cuase I thought there was going to be a jumpscare, but there wasn't. Most of all the lonelyness of Steamworks was unsettling in ways.