Tuesday, November 15, 2016
New contest: Will YOUR costume design win?
12/28/16 EDIT: We will now have two grand prize winners! Plus 10 runners-up, voted on by you! Get the details here.
12/30/16 EDIT: Deadline extended to January 2, 2017, midnight ET! Details here!
The #PoptropicaArt contest showed the Poptropica Creators that so many of you are talented artists. Now we want you to tap back into those creative juices for a brand new challenge!
Introducing... the #MyPoptropicaCostume contest!
Design your dream costume for your Poptropican. If yours is the winner, it'll be created by Poptropica and sold in the Poptropica Store! PLUS it'll be worn by a Poptropican on the Home Island. AND you'll get a 6-month Poptropica membership, too!
This is your chance to show the Creators what YOU want to see in the Poptropica Store! Do you wish the store had more graphic t-shirts, hoodies, and jeans? Or maybe you'd like to see some fancy formal wear. What about winter outfits? Design it and show us!
Here are some guidelines:
- You can use our template (find it here) to draw your outfit. Or draw your Poptropican's outfit freehand (here's a guide). Or draw your creation using your computer or tablet. Whatever you want!
- Use your imagination! Get inspired by your favorite movies or TV shows and put your own original twist on them. Or think about your favorite activities, sports, and hobbies, and base a costume around one of them. Check out your favorite magazines and take a cue from the latest trends. The sky's the limit!
- Don't forget about fun accessories and powers that your costume could have!
- When you design your costume, be sure it could be reproducable as a Poptropica Costume. Teeny tiny details would be hard to recreate for a store costume.
- Your costume needs to be an original design of yours, not an assembly of current Poptropica costume parts.
- Three entries maxiumum per person!
Got it? Yes?
- Give your costume a name and put your Poptropican's name on it, and if you want, your age. Do not include your last name or where you live. For example, your entry could say something like "Winter Fun Outfit by Happy Catfish, age 14."
So how do you actually enter the contest? We'll be looking for your costumes on social media! You can:
- Post your creation on Twitter or Instagram and use the hashtag #MyPoptropicaCostume (that hashtag is required!).
If you don't have a social media account just ask an adult to post for you. And be sure to read the full contest rules here!
- Post your creation to the official Poptropica Facebook page.
The contest ends December 31 and we'll announce the winner in January. The most entries you can submit is three, so if you have lots of ideas you need to narrow them down!
Need some inspiration? Here are two costumes that were created by one of our awesome fans, Perfect Sky (@popPerfect_Sky on Twitter) -- just click to enlarge the image.
Okay Poptropicans, time to get creating. We can't wait to see your costumes! Good luck!